Monday, February 05, 2007

The Party is Over --- The Posting (Not the computer fight)

I have been thinking about life. There are so many different views on how we should live, politics, right wing or left wing that in many ways you can compare life to a party. All kinds of conversations and discussions going on at the same time. Nobody agreeing with everybody, and not really caring either 'cause its a party. When the party is really going tho' no one ever thinks about the party ending. Life ending. When the party is going strong and you see someone leave for what ever reason, you think, "awe, to bad for them, they are going to miss out on the rest of the fun." What is really sad is most of the people aren't ready for the party to end. They had no choice in the matter. It could be a Marine in Iraq, or a 12 year old caught in the crossfire in Caracas Venezuela, an old man with pneumonia or a young lady driving to her first job.

A lot of people say "Once the party is over, it's over." They don't know who started the party, or who keeps it going, or whether there is anything that comes after the party. They just act intelligent and knowledgeable and say, "There is no scientific proof that there is life after the party, so I will not worry about it. I will just enjoy the party as long as I can"

God started the party(life), He invited us and we, as the human race, took over, sort of like those wild teenage parties you see in the movies when the parents go out of town.

The day will come when the party will end for you as an individual or when God decides to end it for good. The question we all need to answer is...... Are we ready to hear those famous words....OK folks, the party is over. If you know Jesus Christ as your Saviour and the payer of your sin debt what comes next is wonderful. the party moves on to a new location, heaven. Forever. If you don't know Christ, you are on your own, everyman for himself so to speak, because you can't help anybody else at that point. The bible says that those who know not Christ will suffer for their sins for eternity. THE PARTY IS OVER. Don't you think you ought to prepare for that. and if you are ready, don't you think you should tell others? and if you are not sure....Don't you think it is something you should look into?
God Bless

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I see you are back on a serious subject now, and oh so serious it is. My prayer is that others will see just how serious before "the party" is over! I'm glad I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior over 20 years ago! I can't wait to move on up with the party! And you all know me - I LOVE to party! So can you imagine being in heaven with me?!? But most importantly with GOD!!! As my grand-niece Elena says, "WOW!"

#1 CUBS FAN said...

I plain do not get it.

Anonymous said...

MY reason for hope......and for living each day is my Lord....

And, when Jesus comes,the fight I am fighting will be done,
the race I am running will be run...and FOREVER I will live in that glorious mansion!! Glorified body, no more pain nor tears!!

WHEN WE SEE JESUS....